gluten free / vegan / paleo friendly
This dessert took me 12 MINUTES to make and required NO baking!! Ok, now that I have your attention……let’s get excited about the summer desserts’ that are coming our way!!! Here in Wisconsin we are all in avid anticipation of the strawberries that will be arriving any day now. A few of my favorite recipes I can’t wait to share with you are strawberry scones, strawberry rhubarb pie and strawberry bread. Follow that up with blueberry and peach season where we will discover the beautiful and simple nuances of the fruit with just a buttery pie crust holding it together. And how amazing a simple muffin can be when it’s jammed full of Michigan blueberries. And last but certainly not least are raspberries! They have a longer season than most berries, ranging from mid July to October in places like Michigan. So you can look forward to raspberry sorbet, jams and my personal favorite, anything chocolate with raspberries! And so we come full circle, to the whole point of this post. The Raspberry Chocolate Tart. I cannot take credit for this particular recipe as I found it via the blog bakerita. so…kudos to her because this tart is phenomenal!! It is not only ridiculously rich and satisfying but it is also…..gluten free, vegan and paleo friendly!!! It is also the PERFECT summer dessert. Easy to make, requires no oven and will impress even the toughest dessert critic! Enjoy!! nom nom
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 TBS pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- pinch of coarse sea salt
For the filling
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 6oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves (100% fruit)
- 1 pint of raspberries
- Lightly grease a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with coconut oil
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crust and stir together. Press evenly into the prepared tart pan; set aside
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring coconut milk just to a boil. Pout hot coconut milk over chocolate and let stand 1 minute, then stir until smooth and creamy. Stir in raspberry preserves. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Garnish the top with raspberries
- Place tart in the refrigerator to set and cool completely, about 1-2 hours. Slice and serve.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.