This quiche came to my mind as a result of having ALOT of leftover ham from Easter. It is super simple to assemble and is great for any meal of the day! Feel free to change the vegetable and even the type of cheese. This is a basic quiche recipe so almost any ingredients would work! The gluten free pie crust makes enough dough for two 9 inch pie crusts so I usually make two quiches and pass one forward to someone in need of some good food. I wrote the recipe below for one quiche but if you want to make two just double all the ingredients!! You can wrap any unused dough in wax paper and can keep it refrigerated for a few days or freeze it for longer storage. Enjoy!! nom nom
gluten free / dairy free option
Makes 1 quiche using a 9 inch deep pie plate
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooktime: 15 minutes to par bake pie crust, 40-55 minutes for quiche
1 1/4 cups ham, 2 in thick, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced;
1 1/2 cups cups almond milk
1/4 cup grated parmean cheese or non dairy parmesan
2 cups shredded cheddar or non dairy cheddar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 Gluten Free Pie Crust; you will use half of dough for one quiche, save remaining dough for another use
Parbake Crust Instructions:
Once you have made the dough from the recipe above and placed it in the pie plate you will need to parbake it before adding in the filling.
- Preheat oven to 425. Using a fork, poke 5-8 holes in the bottom of the crust.
- Place a piece of parchment over the crust and weight it down with pie weights or with a bag of beans spread evenly over parchment. side note: I didn’t have any beans when I made this so I used 3 mini oven safe ramkins as my weight and they worked great.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is a light golden brown. Let cool completely before filling.
- While crust is parbaking, Beat the eggs and almond milk together. Add salt, pepper and chedder cheese and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Once crust is completely cool spread ham over bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle roughly half the parmesan cheese over the ham. Add peppers on top and sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Pour egg mixture over the ham and peppers. Place in oven and bake for 40-55 minutes until quiche is set, puffy and golden brown. There should be be a slight jiggle in the middle of the quiche. It will set completely as the quiche cools. If the crust is getting too brown, cover the crust edges with foil. Let set for roughly 10 minutes before serving.