gluten free /grain free /dairy free option vegan option /vegan option
Update……These cookies are perfect to make ice cream sandwiches!!! We used So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream. I used a small ice cream scoop and placed 3 scoops on one cookie, placed the second cookie on top and applied light pressure to the top cookie to spread out the ice cream!!!! So good!!!!!
1 egg or flaxseed egg
6 TBS almond butter, room temperature
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup of coconut sugar
1/4 tsp salt; I prefer fleur de sel
1 1/4 cups of chocolate chips, I use Lily’s dark chocolate baking chips
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
6 TBS butter or butter alternative; room temperature
- In medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In stand mixer, beat together butter and coconut sugar on medium speed until well blended
- Beat in almond butter and vanilla on medium speed until combined. Slow mixer to low speed, add in egg and mix until throughly combined. Add in the flour and mix until combined. Add in chocolate chips.Place dough in the refrigerator for an hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into balls that are slightly larger than a golf ball. There should be approximately 14 cookies. Place 2-3 inches apart on the cookie sheet. With the flat side of a measuring cup or your palm lightly press the cookie balls into discs. Bake 12-14 minutes or until center of the cookie no longer appears wet and the edges are slightly brown.
- Remove cookies from oven, place on wire cooling rack and let cool completely before eating.